Oops, I thought I designed it right…
When designing architecture, one needs to draw its structure first. The same is true for business processes and frontline operations.
The PReP model is an ideal method for analyzing and designing the process structure. The model’s effectiveness has been proven in many projects, including business process improvement, service development, and system requirements definition.
Benefits of the PReP model
The PReP model, a modeling method to structure processes conceptually, offers following features and advantages:
Clear identification of root problems in a process that hinder business goals
- You can determine fundamental issues for improving your business and manufacturing processes so as to avoid ad-hoc improvements
- When applied to your customers’ process improvement, the PReP model can provide strong, logical explanation which helps you make clear proposals for your customers’ benefits
Accurate design of business processes to achieve newly defined business goals
- The PReP model eliminates ambiguity and variation in granularity in process design
- Process design is made efficient with the PReP model without the need to rework
Automatic creation of system requirements from designed business processes
- By using a dedicated tool, system requirements can be automatically created from designed business processes with just one click
- Traceability between business processes and system requirements is ensured